Sunday, October 5, 2008

What to Choose

Since I am fairly new to the blogesphere, I decided to post here the question I have asked myself and others. Why to even bother? It seems to me that this is why one - me included - would even bother posting their ideas for others to read and, at times, criticize.

When faced with the choice between learning the hard truths of economic thoughts and ideas and fighting for those truths vs. living willfully blind to the realities of liberty and freedom; what do you choose?

1 comment:

HaynesBE said...

Hi
I am checking out your blog after you commented on mine. Keep up the great work, and thanks for the link!
I have two reasons I write.
First, silence is interpreted as agreement. I am surrounded by people who accept the generally held conclusions about greedy capitalists exploiting the poor and the earth. I want people to know that not everyone accepts that interpretation.
But the primary reason I am writing now is to discipline my own thinking. I had been reading and reading and reading but when caught in a conversation or discussion, I couldn't repeat what I had learned in any sort of coherent manner. Organizing the facts and my thoughts into written form forces me to isolate the key points, fill in the holes, and then place them in a logical progression. This helps to cement them more strongly into my own understanding.
So although I mostly do this to improve my own thinking, it sure is gratifying to have others appreciate it...so thanks!!
Beth
http://wealthisnottheproblem.blogspot.com/